There is no denying the effort that goes into videos these days. Gone are the lavish budgets which labels and aspiring music acts feel the need to spend. Videos are done on a shoestring budget and often using minimal equipment. Even Beyonce’s latest offering, I am sure we are not the only ones that look at the video and think it might have been shot using her iPhone, but it works and causes tongues to wag in more than one way.
So video, not necessarily the big deal they once were when it comes to cost and effects yet still a huge part of pop culture with billions watched each year. Here is our list of the top videos of the year kicking off with the rather controversial pop princess Meghan Trainor.
1. Meghan Trainor – ‘All Abouth the Bass’
2. Taylor Swift – ‘Shake it Off’
3. One Direction – ‘You and I’
4. Ed Sheeran – ‘Don’t
5. Kiesza – Hideaway
6. Nicki Minaj – ‘Anaconda’
7. Iggy Azalea – ‘Black Widow’ featuring Rita Ora
8. Magic – ‘Rude’
9. Lily Wood & The Prick and Robin Schulz – Prayer in C
10. Hozier – ‘Take Me to Church’