2014 has been a great year for music, but yet we find ourselves regurgitating songs from last year time and time again. While they may have reached the highest positions on the charts, this sometimes this causes music to be overplayed just a bit too much – so much so that you never want to hear the song again!
Here’s a roundup of some of the best songs that became painful to listen to after being played far too many times, in order, beginning with the highest contender for the most overplayed.
1. “Blurred Lines” – Robin Thicke, T.I, Pharrell Williams
2. “I Love It” – Icona Pop, Charli XCX
3. “Wake Me Up” – Avicii
4. “Happy” – Pharrell Williams
5. “Hey Brother “- Avicii
6. “We Can’t Stop” – Miley Cyrus
7. “Royals”- Lorde
8. “Timber” – Pitbull, Ke$ha
9. “Counting Stars” – OneRepublic
10. “Let Her Go” – Passenger
Unsurprisingly, both Pharrell and Avicii appear on the list twice. This may tell us something about their music style, or it could simply be that the radio presenters loved their music so much that they couldn’t help play it again, and again, and again…