Football icon Michael Owen has openly admitted to only watching eight movies in his lifetime on Twitter to his 2.7 million followers. The England star might only have watched Rocky, Heat, Ghost, Jurassic Park, Cool running’s, Sea Biscuit, Karate Kid and Forest Gump but when it comes to football, the star really can’t downplay his skills.
Here are eight facts about Owen you may not be familiar with:
– The striker scored 163 goals during his career not including his international goals.
– Michael has played for numerous teams such as The Mighty Reds (Manchester United), Real Madrid, Newcastle United and Stoke City.
– He was capped 89 times for England and scored 40 goals for the national side. He is fifth in the list of all-time top goal scorers for the England team, behind Bobby Charlton (49), Gary Lineker (48), Jimmy Greaves (44) and Wayne Rooney (43). He is also England’s second highest goal scorer in competitive international matches behind Rooney.
– He was born in Chester, Cheshire (England).
– Michael was introduced to football at the age of 7 by his father (Terry Owen) who saw him as one of the most promising footballers.
– When Owen turned 17 he celebrated his birthday by singing a professional contract with Liverpool.
– He scored his debut Liverpool debut on the 6th of May 1997 against Wimbledon at Selhurst Park.
– Michael Owen has four kids to Louise Bonsall, three girls and one boy. He met Louise at Primary School in 1984, they then went on to get engaged in February 2004 marrying in 2005.