Alexander Imich who was a retired chemist and parapsychologist has passed away in New York aged 111, which made him the oldest man in the world. It was confirmed by his niece that he died in his Manhattan home on Sunday morning.
Alexander was born in Poland in 1903 when Poland was part of Russia. He left in 1939 with his wife after the Nazis invaded Russia. The pair eventually moved to the US in 1951. His wife passed away in 1986.
The oldest man in the world is now thought to be a man living in Japan, Sakari Momoi, who is also 111 years old. The oldest woman in the world is Misao Okawa, who is 116 and also lives in Japan.
There is some serious coffin-dodging going on.
If you are wanting tips on how to live longer, check this out:
- Sunscreen- Sunscreen doesn’t just protect you from the sun, it hydrates and keeps flaky skin at bay.
- Ginger- According to recent research, ginger helps with rumbling tummies and eases arthritis pain.
- Milk- If we can tell kids that milk gives them strong bones, then why can’t it do the same for the oldies?
- Omega 3- Omega 3 is believed to help the skin stay elastic and hydrated, which means wrinkles are less likely to appear.
- Exercise- Even if you exercise for 15 minutes a day, you are getting your heart rate going and blood starts to circulate around the body easier.
- Face Moisturizer- Cleaning your face will remove bacteria and dead skin, then applying moisturizer will hydrate your face and dark circles will become less visible.
- You time- Doing things you enjoy makes you happy and less depressed. Whether it is walks in the park or a nice long bubble bath, you deserve it and, as if by magic, the frown lines will disappear.
- Sleep- Not having enough sleep will make your skin look tired and older. If you get your eight hours a sleep per day, you should be fine.
- Fruit and Veg- Everyone knows that a factor to staying young and healthy is to eat as much fruit and veg as you can; it does wonders to the body, mind and skin.
- Take supplements- Vitamins and minerals are really good for you if you take the right ones. If you get into a routine of taking your daily supplements, you will be lighting up like a Christmas tree and will look younger and feel better for it.